Cables Oh My!

Well I created an infinity scarf for myself about a week ago and wanted a matching hat. I wanted cables so I found this pattern off of ravelry called the Chunky Cable Hat by Modern Lace Tin Can Knits and instantly fell in love. I did not have a chunky yarn on hand but I used the yarn I had anyways. Well since I have been on vacation I couldn't afford to buy any premium yarns, so Red Heart soft yarn had to do. Overall the hat turned out great, some areas looked a little loose but overall it looks great in person (I never say this about my own knits). Only one problem the hat was a few inches too short. I immediately placed it on my toddlers head and it fit perfectly. Needless to say, she will be looking good this winter.




I would also like to mention that this was my first project that I have completed with a cable design. Next obstacle lace.

Comments

Popular Posts