Heaven is for Real Book Review

I normally do not do book reviews, but I wanted to share a life changing book that I just finished reading. Earlier this Spring a friend from church gifted me this book called Heaven is for Real By Todd Burpo. Here is the quickest review: The book is a true story about a boy who became very ill and was at deaths door. During his 'dying' moments this boy had a experience in heaven that changed their family forever. As soon as I started reading, I couldn't stop turning the pages. I won't give the whole story away but the booked changed how I imagined heaven and my heavenly father to be. 



One thing I took from this, is that God really loves us like his own children. We would do anything for our children right? Some of us may even take a bullet for our children. God gave his only son Jesus as a ransom for our sins because he LOVED us so much. Imagine if you had to watch your child suffer in agony like Jesus did. You would be very tempted to put an end to it immediately. I believe God had to turn his back from his son because if he kept watching, he would not be able to follow through with it. I am not sure if it took me being a mother to understand this, but this example changed my perspective in the relationship God wants to have with us. 

I highly recommend this book and give it 5 stars!

Comments

Popular Posts