Happy New Year

It is that time of the year where we reflect back, and account for all the things we have accomplished or not accomplished. Last year as part of my new years resolution, I decided that I wanted to master my knitting skills and watch my etsy shop grow. One way I would do this is by creating 52 projects one project for each  week of the year (Yeaaa Right).



Before 2012, the only thing I could knit were blankets and scarves. B-O-R-I-N-G. I have now learned how to use double pointed needles (DPNs) which has allowed me to knit things in the the round. Such as hats, mittens, socks, sweaters, stuff animals etc...Once I figured this out, it felt as if could knit anything.

HATS:










BLANKETS: 
Here is a blanket that I made for my daughter. Its filled with my favorite colors from Vana's Choice. Its a lot like a prayer shawls. It wraps around her for times mommy cant snuggle. 



These HexiPuffs will be sewn together to make the beekeepers quilt by tinyowlknits. Once I make about 300 of them. Its a great way to use up.



INFINITY SCARVES: 
Currently I just finished a hot pink for my dear cousin, and one black one for another cousin. Here are some that I have made and actually photographed. The first one was used by just using red heart soft yarn in a off white color. The second one I used by using Homespun By Lion Brand, which worked up quickly and nicely. 




I have about three sweaters in progress. I just don't have the patience to photograph everything. But here is one picture of a kimono wrap that I am making for my daughter. Unfortunately its on the back burner because I have ran out of the yarn. My local yarn shop no longer carries the yarn and the yarn company no longer makes the yarn I am needing. I am saving up my money to buy it from other online yarn shops to complete it.


I have a dark brown and beige striped sweater using Lion Brand Fisher-mans Wool. That I was making by using the Harry Potter Sweater pattern 



Currently I am learning how to make adult socks. I am using Patons Kroy Sock yarn. Will post pictures soon. I have came a long ways in my knitted. I would have never thought that I could be making hats, sweaters, mittens, and socks. I owe most of this to wonderful youtube. There are many people there who have set up tutorials explaining what the different techniques and stitches are. It has helped. If you feel like something is beyond your skill level , go out there and keep trying until you get the hold of things. Now only if I can get a hold of spinning wool for yarn. 

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Comments

Popular Posts