Granny Squares

Granny Squares


Recently I have been wanting to make something with a camo type yarn and a bright color. Because I am suppose to be making my trip back to Germany soon, I didn't want to embark on a difficult knitting or crochet project. I have done baby blankets in the past and they usually take about a day or two to crochet. However, I didn't want to just make any blanket, it had to be challenging for me to want to finish it.

Often I will get many questions about knitting or crochet. Questions like, "how do you purl again?" or, "whats the treble crochet?" However, I am ashamed to say that I have NEVER made a granny square. How embarrassing right? So I Google patterns and tutorials on how to crochet a basic granny square and I came across a very useful website called craftsylish the contributing author Linda Permann demonstrated so beautifully step by step how to crochet a granny square. The author also gave her bit of two sense that made this daunting task easier.

Once I made my first granny square, I caught on and was able to whip out a square less than 5 minutes. I experimented with different color variations with the Red Heart camo and hot pink yarns.

I am not finished. However, I would like to share my milestone. Here are the pictures of the granny squares I have completed thus far.



I am not sure how I feel about the color choices. It seems a little gaudy, but perhaps it can be used for a nice blanket for a hunting or camping trip. Or I could make a granny blanket just out of the pink squares. 

Comments

Popular Posts