Easy Healthy Leftover Vegetable Soup

When I first married my husband, I knew very little about cooking. I knew very little about cooking with vegetables and making different dishes with them. Once the recession hit, I had my beautiful daughter Ember Grace. I had to leave my job and my husband then took over as the primary bread winner. During these hard financial times, I learned the value of money and wanted to stretch it as far as possible. One way to do that is to buy your vegetables and fruits when they are in season and don't waste a bit of it. Here is a recipe I created with the left over vegetables that I had in my fridge.

Prep Time Approximately 10 minutes
Cooking Time Approximately 30 minutes.

Ingredients I used;
1 Blender
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs ground mustard
1/2Tbs Black Pepper
2 Tsp Salt
2 Cans Of Chicken Stock
1 Head of Broccoli Chopped Into Florets
3 Chopped Carrots
1 Chopped Small onion
1 Diced leek
2 Chopped small potatoes.

First-Get The Oil Heated and Throw In Your chopped Onions and Leeks. Let This Cook For About 5 Minutes, Stir Occasionally.

Second- Throw In Chopped Carrots and Chopped Potatoes. Cook This For About 5 Minutes. Then Add the 2 Cans of Chicken Stock and Broccoli (Cook Until Carrots and Potatoes Are Soft).







Third-Begin To Scoop the Soup Into The Blender. Pulse until Ingredients look creamy. Pulse all ingredients.Let The Soup Simmer on the Stove For 5-10 Minutes.




Fourth- Serve Into Your Favorite Soup Bowl and Top Will A Dallop of Sour Cream Or A Dash of Parmesan Cheese.
\



Feel Like Something Is Missing? Customize This Soup and Make It Your Own. Real Bacon Bits or Shredded Cheese May Add a Nice Touch.

Please Add Me! I Need More Followers!


Comments

Popular Posts