Ways To Preserve Your Cooking Herbs!

In Germany here the fresh herbs come in large bundles. Most recipes I use call for herbs that I don't use on a regular basis. So what usually happens, is these herbs will go unused, brown and then rot. One way to stretch your dollar and preserve your herbs is by freezing them. I first chop my herbs semi-finely and then I put them in a ice cube tray with a small amount of water. Once these herbs have frozen in cubes, I will then put them in zip lock bags and label what the herb is. Then whenever I have a recipe that calls for that herb I will just take a cube out of the freezer. It takes a few minutes to thaw out, or if you are cooking with heat it should thaw out more quickly. Hope you enjoyed this tid bit as much as I have.


The Ice Cube I Found At My Local Store. It was .25 Cents!

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great way to preserve herbs. I often find that I have to throw out herbs before I can use them up so I might have to give this a try. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts