4th Times A Charm?

Some of you may know that I have been trying for 3 months now to make it back home to Germany. I made the 3 hour trek to McChord Washington. Because we had arrived earlier than expected we made a detour and ate at the Denny's restaurant. I had a nice lumberjack breakfast which included; 2 pancakes, two eggs, 2 sausages, 2 slices of bacon, 1 slice of ham, and their famous hash browns. It had been a while since I ate out and it was well enjoyed. 

We arrived early to the air port and got put on check in/ sign in list and waited for the roll call. It was not until about 10 minutes before roll call two families showed up, one with 4 members and the other with 5 members. To make a long story short, I got bumped off the list and once again didn't get to make the flight. Since the last 3 flights were cancelled this was somewhat disappointing. Maybe I am wrong, but I went on this trip with little expectations that things were going to go my way. 

Ember my little princess took the news better than I thought she would. The last 3 times were filled with crying for about an hour, tantrums, and missing her daddy. It breaks my heart to tell her she can't go bye bye on the air plane because she doesn't understand why. But this time she did fine, didn't whine or throw a fit. 

As we were making the 3 hour trip back to Oregon, I decided that after being up for 36 hours I could not stay up any longer unless I had some caffeine. So we stopped by this local Star Bucks cafe and if you know anything about me, I love anything with pumpkin spice. The day I went to Star Bucks was the day where they launched their Fall flavors. So I ordered a grande white mocha with a splash of pumpkin spice, and a pumpkin cheese muffin. Delicious! Not only that, the Washington Seattle coffee mug was there. I already had the Portland, Oregon mug so I was happy that my collection was starting to grow. 

I just love these Starbucks city mugs! This is the second mug that will  be added to my collection. Some of my friends have about 30 different mugs from different cities that they have been to. How many mugs do you have? I take pride of my coffee and tea time. 


Although my morning started off crummy the scenic view of Mt. Rainier , Mt. St. Helen's, and Mt. Hood is breathtaking (Sorry I don't have any pictures). There was an abundance of different types of timber, natural lakes, and rivers such as the Willamette, and wild flower blooming everywhere. There was a slight breeze in the air. The temperature was not too hot but not too cold. The sun shone just enough on the skin to warm the bones. This is a place I would like to call home someday. 


It is now noon! I have made it to northern Washington and back decided where I want to possibly live someday. Its easy to point out the negatives, but when you search for the positives, your day will shine much brighter! 

Take care

Vanessa



Comments

Popular Posts