A Simple Day In Oregon

I believe as parents, many of us find ourselves trying to live through our children. Making up for the things we never had, or got to do, our live our dreams through them. When I became a military spouse I left my life in Oregon Mountains to follow my husband wherever he was stationed. I love being an Army wife, and find it fun and adventurous but at the same time I miss my simple life that I once had. 

Ember and I have the opportunity to travel from our home in Germany to back home in Oregon. The majority of my family lives in the mountains and most of my family lives a simple lifestyle.Because we are staying with my grandmother the nearest city is at a minimum of 30 minutes away. Those of you who have a toddler finding things for them to do can be challenging. Especially when toys are limited. 

My daughter Ember loves helping and gathering things. Since my grandparents have fruit trees growing throughout their property I decided to have her gather snacks for her and her great grandparents. We first went to the plum tree and ember gathered the 'good' plums. I thought this was a fun thing for her to do; and its the same concept as Easter egg hunting. 


Ember Plum Hunt
So after a few minutes gathering plums we walked to the other side of my grandparents property to the apple trees. The apples are not completely ready but I allowed Ember to pick a few for her snacks. Someday when my husband and I retire, we will buy a house with land, have my own apple trees and will bake apple pies for my husband!

The apple tree is blooming.


If you look hard enough there are many things you can find to occupy your child time. When I was a child my sisters and I  use to take the seeds that bloomed from the old dandelions and would blow them into the air thinking it was our wishes. So I pass this little old custom on too my daughter. Its fun to watch her get excited as the wind carries the seeds in the air. 

The dandelions are blooming everywhere.



Then we finished off our day with her jumping around on the trampoline. 






Comments

  1. I was thinking about visiting the orchard in my area today, but it is raining *really* hard. I want to have my own trees too! It has been my dream since I was a little girl.

    So, are you from Germany? Does your adorable little girl speak German or English? I wanted my little boy to have a German name, as my family is from Germany, so I named him Rolf. I would love to visit Germany someday.

    I am glad to have found you via Sublime Media Connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason why I live in Germany is because my husband is a service member. She is now 2 1/2 and has picked up a little bit like 'eins zwei drei' which is one two three. The majority of my family lives in Oregon, so we are on a 'extended vacation' here. We can't afford to do a whole lot but we look for things to do that are still exciting like picking some apples : ). We do plan to settle in Oregon soon though. Thanks for liking my blog Sara!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts