Candy Corn Hats

When I think of fall several things come to mind; the leaves changing color then falling, Halloween, the harvest before winter, and Thanksgiving. So as many of you know I love to crochet and knit, and wanted to find something to make that my daughter could wear during this fall. So as I was searching through the many Ravelry knit and crochet patterns I found a pattern designed by Sarah Sagaser that was called the Candy Corn Hat. I fell in love with this pattern because it was super easy to knit with circular needles, and within the pattern it had clear directions how to make this hat for babies, younger children and adults. When I made this hat I used Vanas Choice Color Mustard for the yellow part and Red Heart Soft Yarn for the orange and white parts. What's nice about this pattern and yarn combination is that the hats have lots of room for stretching the ribbing of the hat is almost like an elastic feel.



As soon as I posted this hat on my facebook page I had an overwhelming response of people who wanted me to make them this hat. Many family members and friends that is. I do sell this hat in my etsy store for 10 dollars. https://www.etsy.com/listing/108979810/knitted-candy-corn-hat-6-to-12-months-up

If you are going to a birthday party or need to make a last minute gift for a friend this is the pattern. Its super easy and took only about two hours to whip out. Plus it doesn't require that much yarn. 

Hope you feel inspired! 

Vanessa

Comments

Popular Posts